Fairy Tales

 Joan of Moosestash Quilting has joined Carol and Carla in hosting monthly blog posts.  When she announced the theme for this one I was excited by all the possibilities.   I was already working on one project from Lella Boutique's Folktale Line but I wanted to make a new project for this as well.  I went to my local quilt shop and picked several fabrics from Riley Blake's Lancelot line for a baby quilt.   Before I got started on the Lancelot quilt a coworker lost his home to a fire and saved his daughter and wife, but his wife suffered significant burns and is still in the hospital.  I wanted to make a new quilt for their little girl, so I ended up with three different projects that I felt matched the theme in different ways.

First as I worked on my Folk Tale quilt it reminded me of The Secret Garden-in fact I used a quote from that book for the label.  This went to my pastor and his wife, who is also our guidance counselor, from the faculty of my school-their little one is expected any day.






Next, as I said my other coworker's little girl is in the middle of a nightmare, but this quilt should go with her for happily ever after.  (Sadly I haven't been able to go take good pictures or deliver this quilt yet)


Lastly, King Arthur and Sir Lancelot is a fun legend/fairy tale.  I couldn’t think of anywhere local with knights so I took my inspiration from the lions in the fabric and took it to a local park with lion sculptures for picture.






Please visit the other bloggers as well!

                                                                         Monday June 21

Creatin’ in the Sticks

Samelia’s Mum

Kathleen McMusing

Becky’s Adventurers in Quilting and Travel

VroomansQuilts

Food for Thought


 Tuesday June 22

Quilted Delights

Stitchin at Home

Karrins Crazy World

 Quilting & Learning - What a Combo!

Sewing Up My Fabric

Selina Quilts


Wednesday June 23

Just Let Me Quilt

 Websterquilt

Inflorescence

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Just Because Quilts

Domestic Felicity

 

Thursday June 24

Scrapdash

That Fabric Feeling

Ms P Designs USA

Quilt Schmilt

Patchouli Moon Studio

Days Filled With Joy

Goofin' Off Around the Block

 

Friday June 25

Quilt Fabrication

My Bumbleberry Life

Songbird Designs

Words & Stitches

MooseStashQuilting


Comments

  1. That was a nice story about your quilts and the journey to make them. Fit perfect with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts that in my opinion are perfect for this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts with a good story to go with them. Perfect for this hop. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your co worker is lucky to have a friend like you. The quilts are beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are all lovely and perfect for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a heart of gold...not one, or two, but three people who's lives will be changed with your labor of love. That makes you the heroine of this fairy tale. Your quilts are beautiful and the love you share will help to heal many souls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choosing the fabric as the fairy tale. So sweet of you to make 3! I am sure that little girl will find great comfort in this quilt while her mom is recuperating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect fabric choices for this hop and wonderful goals for their distribution. Lovin the Lion in your photos. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet story about your beautiful, quilty gifts. The fabrics really are perfect for this hop! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful post about these quilts and the love that went into them. They will be so appreciated, I'm sure. Such thoughtful gifts! I love the quilt on the lion and he's pretty awesome, too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Awesome quilts...love all the pretty colors...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been very busy the little girls quilt looks great, so do your other two well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becky those three sweet quilts and the stories behind them sure touched my heart. It’s wonderful that your tale wasn’t a fairy tale, but there is a happily ever after with the quilts bringing quilty hugs to their new owners.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect photo opportunity with the lions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great quilts, they will be loved for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a beautiful "Happily Ever After" quilt for that poor little girl. All of your quilts are gorgeous. Love the lion in the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three really lovely quilt projects which I'm sure the recipients will adore and cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm running a day late with this blog hop. But wanted to pop in to say I love your beautiful quilt!

    I'm late!
    I'm late!
    For a very important date!
    No time to say "hello", "goodbye"!
    I'm late!
    I'm late!
    I'm late!

    No, no, no, no, no, no, no
    I'm overdue!
    I'm really in a stew!
    No time to say "goodbye", "hello"!
    I'm late!
    I'm late!
    I'm late!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Secret Garden was one of my favorite books growing up. I still have the copy my grandmother gave me 45 years ago with a handwritten note in it. That quilt is beautiful and the colors are spectacular. Thanks for sharing your lovely beauties. Have a magical day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are lovely quilts for some very special people. Thanks for sharing them with us. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are beautiful quilts! Love the Secret Garden and your quilt and garden in the photos could be straight out of the book! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle