In the Kitchen

 I almost skipped this blog hop because I was really struggling with an idea for kitchen projects I hadn't already blogged about.  Then my local quilt shop left me know that the grill fabric I'd ordered (and forgotten about) had arrived.  Now I needed to come up with an idea for both the fabric and the blog hop.  I pondered a while and decided that we're quickly approaching the time when in the kitchen really involves prepping the food to go outside to the grill (or better yet the campfire!) and with Mother's Day approaching I could make a table runner for my mother-in-law.  She's one of the more difficult people to shop for because she likes to pick her own things out but she always likes to use one of the table-runners my sister-in-law or I make her and she doesn't have a summer one yet.  I love bright colors in my quilts so I decided to highlight the brights of the grills.  I also thought it would be nice to set them so that from either side of the table you can tell what the design is...Using a simple block made this a very quick project; the nay problem was taking pictures.  I hope she loves it.



Check out the other bloggers posting their kitchen projects this week.  

Monday, April 19th


Tuesday, April 20th




Wednesday, April 21st


Thursday, April 22nd

Comments

  1. That is such a fun table runner! Bright and cheerful and perfect for summer outdoor cooking table decor. Thanks for the cookie treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, and a perfect gift. Your mother-in-law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little grills! I just saw the dots when I first saw the picture, but when you actually look it, they are adorable. Perfect use for them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your runner looks great! Wonderful gift. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun pretty pattern, what's not to love about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure she will like having a new table runner to display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such a fun table runner. i am sure she will love it. i have the same problem with my sister. she likes specific things in her house and she is a minimalist. but I hit upon some fabric that she likes a lot. then I realized she has no pillows in her front room. she just hadn't thought of it. so i made her three pillows for her front room and everyone loves using them. now to put my thinking cap on again. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's not to love about this sweet runner...she'll love it, I'm sure! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to combine the Hop with an upcoming gift-giving occasion, Becky! Thanks for the reminder that Mother's Day is coming up. Now that we are fully vaccinated, we will be getting together for the first time in more than a year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! Love the fabric, and I'm sure that your MIL will love your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How could she not love this? It's very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty piece. Wonderful use of those fabrics. I'm sure it will be used and admired for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky, I'm sure your MIL will just love her new table runner. It's so bright and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a lovely runner. The cookies might be my favorite part though!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and fun with these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always great to get a new and bright table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful gift and perfect for the hop. I agree, taking pictures of runners can be a challenge, but your picture is great. Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is beautiful, I am sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bet your MIL is thrilled with this bright,pretty fun summer runner. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely table runner! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is going to absolutely LOVE it. Such bright and cheery fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle