December Goals

 In early November our school had to transition from in person learning to virtual learning and then they started allowing teachers to work from home a few days after my carpal tunnel procedure.  I think I will finally have some sewing time most days since I won’t have driving time most days.  So how did I do with  my November list? 

1.finish hand quilting one baby quilt-done 

 One of my best friends works for my eye doctor’s office.  When the doctor announced tha5 she was expecting she asked me if I could make a quilt with glasses fabric which turned into a Harry Potter quilt featuring his glasses on most fabrics.  She picked the fabrics and pattern and helped with the steps that weren’t sewing. (Although she can sew, we took 4H sewing together) it was so fun to work on this together.

On the label we couldn’t decide between two Harry Potter quotes so we used both. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be,” and “mischief managed.”


2. machine quilt the other baby quilt (the baby's here so I should really get to that!)-I still need to get to this one.  I was busy hand quilting before surgery and haven’t felt my wrist is ready for machine quilting just yet. 

3. finish the Traffic Jam top-I got all the blocks done but they need to be trimmed and sewn together yet.



4. Post about the quilt I finally finished-I haven’t been able to see the recipients to give them their quilt so no post yet.

While I should have finished the traffic jam quilt I got some new charm packs to work with and started on those projects while I was off work for Thanksgiving break.  I also found some patterns I loved from Burlap and Blossoms patterns on Etsy and made two that will be Christmas presents.  After I made the first one I had to buy a couple more during her Black Friday sales.

So what’s on the December to do list?

1. Finish the two Christmas  presents I just started as well as two I had in progress.

2. Finish the two baby quilt tops I have recently started.

3. Get the other baby quilt quilted.

4. Post about the hand quilted present as soon as I can give it to the recipients. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle