Twister baby

 Just around the time school closed and everything was shut down I learned that a young couple in my church was expecting their first child.  Of course I expected that none of this was going to last and I'd have no problem giving them a quilt.  When I found out they were expecting a girl I picked an Asian themed fabric with pink and rust tones because mom is a big fan of K-pop and Korean culture.  Going through the quilt shop website I picked another fabric and asked the owner if she thought they'd coordinate and about backing.  Through I series of photo messages I was ready to order (eventually adding another fabric) but it took me a while to decide what pattern to use.  I'd pinned a tutorial for this twister block on Pinterest a couple years ago and decided it would work well and the top went together super quickly.  Then the top sat on my stack for a couple months until I got a message that mom was on her way to labor and delivery...I had been thinking I might hand quilt but I waited too long for that decision.  I'm still learning to machine quilt so I decided just to do a simple grid following the block outlines.   My niece and I took a trip to the park so I could take pictures of the baby quilt in a child's atmosphere.  I hope little A enjoys many days playing outdoors.  





Our church is meeting but with all the increased health concerns I knew it would be some time before the new baby would likely be coming to church so I made arrangements to drop off the quilt on their doorstep (I was so worried I'd gotten the wrong house even though it perfectly matched their description!) when I was going to be nearby.  For the label I chose 2 Timothy 2:1 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in in Christ Jesus. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle