Backyard Friends

Throughout this time of stay at home I've been more aware of the animals that surround us.  During my first virtual faculty meeting I had a little bunny running through my basement work area(we're hoping it ran in while we had the garage door open for a camp fire and not that it lives in our basement) and this morning I saw a fox.  Those are the only real backyard friends we have out here, but that didn't keep me from enjoying the Backyard Friends block swap from FatCat patterns.
I've said before I just love Sindy's patterns because they're cute and easy to follow.  I joined her Facebook group where she posts previews and free patterns and back in the winter she held a block swap.  Since it is appliqué you sent fused pieces but the recipient chose their background.  I just wanted a small wall hanging to go where I've had the snow people hanging inside our door, so I sent 6 pairs of blocks and kept 2 pairs myself.  Each pair was a house and a tree so I had one of each design of my own fabrics.  I mailed them off in February expecting this to be a summer project, but of course with the stay at home orders I was able to finish the quilt pretty quickly.  I hand quilted it with simple outlines.  I do have to make the label yet-I want to include the names and locations of each person who made a block. I had blocks included from Wisconsin, New York, Washington, Oregon, Mississippi and of course Pennsylvania.  Since the name of the quilt was Backyard friends I just did pictures in my own yard.



This was such a fun little project for me.  There was some talk of doing another swap in the future, but I said we started swapping house blocks for this and suddenly we were all staying in our homes, maybe we better do some sort of tropical theme next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle