Shortlist Sunday

Last Sunday I knew I was likely to be spending some time reading rather than quilting, so my list reflects that. Lately I’ve been listening to audiobooks while sewing, but I had been waiting on this physical book for months. It’s harder to read a physical book while quilting, Lol!
I requested Lisa Wingate and Judy Christie’s Before and After from inter library loan the day the book was released, but something happened with the request so I didn’t get it until my library purchased it this month.  I’ve loved all the Lisa Wingate books I’ve read and especially Before we were Yours, so I knew I would enjoy the non fiction accounts of the Georgia Tann  children.  I read half the book in one sitting.  So with all that reading how did I do with my list.
Color it red blog hop hosted by Carol of Just Let me Quilt post on Friday-done! I’m blown away by the responses when I do a blog hop. 
2. Finish the fire victim top I started this morning-done! Although I may decide to add a border
This was a Villa Rosa Designs pattern that uses strip piecing and is so quick and cute.

3. Hand quilting of my Hospital Sketches- I continued to make progress.  I thought I was going to quilt diagonal lines around the appliqué outlines,  it I love the way the outlines look on the back, so I don’t think I’ll do lines. 
4. Continue prepping my penguins and Dust off an Old Quilt Book Blog Hop-no penguin progress, but I did prep projects from my old books.
5. Keep the dining room relatively clean for having my family here next weekend for a birthday meal.-done!, but my Dad is under the weather so we postponed. 
With at least a partial check on everything last week I’m feeling pretty good about next week, although I’ve gotten into another physical book... 
What’s on the list for next week?
1. Keep working on hand quilting the Hospital Sketches quilt.
2. Continue prepping Penguins for my Penguin Cheer quilt.
3. Quilt my two small projects for Dust off an Old Quilt Book blog hop
4. Finish another Villa Rosa quilt top I started over the weekend.
5. Start an ornament from a different book for the Dust off and Old Quilt Book Blog Hop
6. Write a post about the disaster victim top
7. Pin baste at least one quilt and start  organizing projects and supplies for quilt retreat in under 2 weeks.

Comments

  1. I may have to check out that book. I started in a book club just since October and am looking for ideas when it is my turn. reading half a book in one sitting sounds like one that hooks you pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend reading Before we Were Yours first. Before and After assumes that you’re familiar with some of the things that happened in it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle