Two sweet baby quilts

I’ve mentioned on my blog before that when there are new babies in my church I try to make them a quilt. In the past month,  we had a new baby girl born at church as well as one of my coworkers had his first child.  For work, I don’t make for every baby, but this young man and his wife were students when I started teaching, although somehow neither was ever my student.  Because we’ve kind of watched them grow up I really wanted to make a quilt for their little girl. 
I’d  been to a yard sale a while back and gotten a box with ice cream blocks fused for appliqué and then the project was abandoned.  I bought it without really knowing who I’d make it for and been stitching on it when I felt like appliqué but didn’t have a block of the month patch to work on.  I think there were probably enough blocks for a full size quilt, but I don’t really have anyone I wanted to make that big of an ice cream quilt for so I decided I’d just keep going until the right project came along.  When my coworker and his wife announced that the baby was a girl, I decided this would be a good use of my ice cream cones.  Without knowing it I matched the colors of the nursery.




Of course an ice cream quilt has to be photographed at an ice cream shop. When I was ready to take pictures I bribed my friend’s kids with an ice cream cone if they held my quilt up.  Fortunately I also had the new baby girl from church so each of the kids had a quilt to hold up!  The parents chose not to find out the gender for this one, so I figured black and white was safe.  I hope both little girls know how loved they are!



Comments

  1. If you're looking to lose pounds then you absolutely have to get on this brand new personalized keto plan.

    To produce this service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and cooks united to produce keto meal plans that are powerful, decent, price-efficient, and enjoyable.

    Since their grand opening in 2019, hundreds of individuals have already completely transformed their figure and health with the benefits a certified keto plan can give.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-confirmed ones offered by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle