Buzzing down the road!



Our church has always done baby showers for the first baby born in a family, but a year or two ago we decided to start giving a basket of gifts to all new babies. We’ve had a huge growth in the congregation so we were having more new babies but it was becoming more difficult to plan a shower. I haven’t been able to finish a quilt for each basket but I’ve tried to give as many as I can. I thought we were going to have less babies born this year, the Silly Cars pattern from Fat Cat Patterns has been on my quilting radar for a little while, so I decided to make it for one of the new babies when they announced that it was a boy.
I really enjoy the flower sculptures. 

The older sister had already gotten her quilt and I knew that it was well loved. She insisted that the baby was going to be Buzz Lightyear and until he was born no one (including his family) knew what his first name would be so Buzz stuck. I thought cars go buzzing down the road so it was a good fit. Then I realized that it was even more appropriate because the step Grandpa had just recently retired from PennDot.
A tribute to the hours Grandpa Jim spent on the plow.
The week before we were going to visit baby Cole I remembered that there was a neat road sign sculpture garden in my friend’s town so I took the car quilt top for pictures with the sculptures.
Different sculptures show different elements of life in PA.
This time for the label I wrote a reminder that no matter where the road of life may take little Buzz he’s never too far from the love of God.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle