Hearts On Fire

 One of the hardest parts of adulthood, at least for me is that many of my dearest friends live hours away so even when we’re not in a pandemic it’s difficult to visit as often as we’d like.  Thank God for technology, so we can keep in touch.  I really don’t know how I’d have handled the past year without the support of my long distance friends. So over Thanksgiving break when I saw Burlap and Blossom’s Love Across The Miles quilt block, I knew it was perfect for one of my long distance friends who loves to travel.  I finished it in time to add to the Christmas presents I was sending for her family.  The day I was putting binding on this blog hop was posted, and this met the description of a heart in any color but red.




In the living room, they have a map marked with places they’ve visited, this compliments it well. 


Check out all the other great projects, I’m sure there’s something to set your heart afire!
 January 18

Creatin' in the Sticks

Life in the Scrapatch

Freckled Fox Quiltery

All Thingz Sewn

Den Syende Himmel

That Fabric Feeling

 January 19

MooseStashQuilting

Websterquilt

Words & Stitches

Vroomans Quilts

Quilt Schmilt

Cynthia's Creating Ark

Songbird Designs

 January 20

Selina Quilts

Stitchin At Home

Samelia's Mum

Just Sew Quilter

Scrapdash

Karrin’s Crazy World

The Darling Dogwood

 January 21

Quilt Fabrication

Ms P Designs USA

Beaquilter

Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel

Ridge Top Quilt

For The Love Of Geese

Sew Many Yarns

Quilting Gail

January 22

Just Let Me Quilt

Karen's Korner

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Quilt In A Not-Shell

Storied Quilts

Kathy's Kwilts and More

Homespun Hannah's Blog




Comments

  1. I agree with you. Without the daily texting I do with three friends, and the e-mails with others, and the blog posting, this would have been a dreary past year. I think your heart quiltlet is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice blue heart, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely heart project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little heart. I'm sure your friend loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty blue heart. Keeping in touch with our friends is important, especially in these times when we shouldn't be out and about. I'm sure your friend really appreciates that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been so hard for all of us to not have as much human contact as we need, but thankfully we do have telephones and the internet. I can't imagine how we would be getting through this without it. I'm sure your friend appreciated this thoughtful gift that is really beautiful. I love the blue! Thank you for sharing your no-red heart! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Love Across the Miles quilt has more meaning this past year than anyone would have ever expected. What a beautiful way to celebrate those far away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love across the miles is just a perfect addition to this hop. Timing as they say is everything. I do agree with you regarding technology helping to get through this past year. I've been able to take classes and attend quilt meetings on Zoom and family time on Skype. It definitely helped in keeping the sad and boring at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a fun 'traveling' heart! Don't you just love it when something 'fits' with the latest blog hop challenge?
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect. Loved seeing it on the world map, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect choice for your traveling friend! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love across the Miles is such a good theme for right now! Love this heart, and that it is with the map of all the travel destinations of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very well thought out gift for your travelling friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's cute and I love the idea of the map.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great gift. It's hard to have all family long away from you, I really know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had the perfect gift. Great pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, not being able to visit in person has been difficult for us all. Your quilt is pretty, and Love Across the Miles is a pattern I will definitely be looking at too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful way to surround our world - with love. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your thoughtful gift fit right into the them of this Blog Hop. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet quilt block! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

See you Later Alligator!

Here comes the Sun

Time in a Bottle