My Stitching Resolution
Carla of Creatin in the Sticks organizes such fun blog hops and I’m sure this one will be no different. Although it is set up differently being a single day.
Before I make my 2021 resolution, how did I do with last years goals? (I omitted the travel ones because...)
1. I know of 2 weddings and a baby quilt that I need to finish and I want to keep up with any others that arise. Done although two haven’t been given yet. The pictures are only the occasions I knew about then; several more were made and given
2. Last year I finished all but one block of two different block of the month programs, so I need to finish those.- One is done, the other may squeak through but will probably be an early 2021 finish
3. My husband needs a new bed quilt so I want to finish my crumb quilt. Done for the Winter Blues hop
4. I've had a top that my great-aunt pieced for almost 10 years, it's time to finish that! Not done, I keep saying one day I’ll find a purple back in the backing remnants bin at the Amish store and then I’ll know it’s time. I have gotten a lot of backs there but still no purple.
5. I also have several of my Pop's shirt quilts to make...I finished 2, I have 4 more to do.
6. There’s a few more UFO's to finish. Some older ones are finished but there are many more to finish.
7. I'd like to only enter 2021 with quilts I'm actively working on, but that may be a lofty goal. Haha I was funny at the start of this year!
For 2021 I’m to setting as many specific goals because of the uncertainty of the school schedules. My stitching resolutions are to make myself two warmer quilts for bed (making my husband’s really showed me how much difference the batting makes) and to finish more quilts than I start.
I have some smaller quilt tops started for one of my quilts for myself and I got this awesome kit and backing for a larger one in the Moda Love pattern.
Check out everyone hopping today.
Words & Stitches
Sew Many Yarns
Stitchin At Home
Ms P Designs USA
Life in the Scrapatch
Kathy Kwilts and More
The Joyful Quilter
Becky’s adventures in quilting and travel
Karrin's Crazy World
Quilting and Learning: What a Combo
Cynthia's Creating Ark
Quilting Patchwork & Appliqué
Homespun Hannah's Blog
Hi Becky, love the pictures of your quilts in interesting places. Daren't show my DH the picture of the pick up with the quilt, he is into pick ups!!! I love the Resolutions and hope you get them all done. Have a wonderful 2021. Hugs & Love, Susie xxReplyDelete
The pickup is at a local state park. I had a different plan for that photo shoot and then I realized I needed to get the pictures done so I could give the quilt.Delete
Beautiful quilts, and I love the scenery for each of them! Great resolutions, and this kit has wonderful fabrics.ReplyDelete
Great resolutions and beautiful quilts. Love your fantastic photo shoots!ReplyDelete
You were sew accomplished in 2020. May 2021 also be very a good year for sewing and stitching. May you and yours be well and happy. Thanks for sharing the day with me ... :) PatReplyDelete
I love your goal to finish more quilts than you start. That is definitely a great goal! Your pictures are so awesome. You really put a lot of thought in the location and theme. Have a super Happpy New Year!ReplyDelete
Great goal to finish more than you start! Lovely quilt pictures. Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
Beautiful work and good luck with getting the tops quilted. Happy sewing.ReplyDelete
Great goals, especially finishing more than you start. Awesome photos.ReplyDelete
Getting those tops quilted will make a big difference. At least that is what I have found. Good luck with your goals.ReplyDelete
You have great resolutions!ReplyDelete
You'll be SEW happy when you finish more quilts than you start!
Happy Quilting! :-)
I love all the photo settings of your beautiful quilts! May 2021 give you a big bang of a finish for all of them. Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
Wow! Good Luck with your goals.ReplyDelete
You have your work cut out for you. Your quilts are beautiful.. Have fun.ReplyDelete
Love your quilt pictures with the interesting backgrounds! Good luck on your stitching resolutions for 2021.ReplyDelete
All pretty quilts. I also love the settings for your photos. Very scenic.ReplyDelete
Oh wow, what fun to look through the quilts you have done. Now I want my resolution to be finding great locations for photos. Looking forward to seeing you progress through they year. Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
Best of luck on working through those goals!!ReplyDelete
What a beautiful showcase of your finishes. Love the backdrops. Enjoy working through your resolutions. 😉 CarolReplyDelete
Best of luck with finishing your goals this year.ReplyDelete
Maybe resolutions are for lofty goals. Best of wishes for a wonderful 2021.ReplyDelete
Beautiful finishes this year! You will have fun working on your resolutions, I'm sure! I really like the one to finish more quilts than we start!! I have a bunch that need quilting as well!ReplyDelete